Ski Touring Lofoten, Norway
LOFOTEN SKI TOURING
Lofoten is a little piece of heaven located on the artic circle in northern Norway. This archipelago feels like an island of its own, stretching west into the Norwegian sea with jagged peaks rising straight out of the ocean and offering world-class terrain for every level of skier. There is something so enchanting about putting skis on with the sound of breaking waves in the background and scent of ocean filling your nostrils. With each step, the scenery changes, the fjords become more defined, the contrast between the ocean and the mountains deepens, until you reach the summit with the views stretching to the ocean on each side, offering some of the most breathtaking landscapes I have ever got to experience. But the icing on the cake might just be skiing back down to the ocean and feeling a deep sense of balance with the opposing energies offered by the mountains and the oceans, the yin and yang of nature.
This is the perfect ski holiday with unlimited potential for ski touring, relaxing, sauna, great food and also visiting beautiful typical Norwegian towns and landscapes!
Lodging & Food:
We will be staying at the Lofoten Ski Lodge in Kabelvag, which is located right on the water and offers beautiful and typical shared cabins. We are offering 3 group dinners during the trip. On other nights we will have the option to eat together or people can be on their own program.
Bad weather is part of the experience in the mountains and in Lofoten, the weather can come as quickly as it can leave. So we will go out everyday, rain or shine and if we decide to cut the day short, we will have options to visit the beautiful town of Henningsvaer with its surprising cod fish racks, its harbour, the best coffee shop on the island and its classic Kannelbullar (Cinnamon buns) and its cute little shops, stroll around Svolvaer, enjoy a massage, go surfing in the cold sea or just rest in your cabin, listening to the gentle waves below.
Cost: the trip runs with a minimum of 4 people
6 people: 2950.- per person
5 people: 3540.- per person
4 people: 4425.- per person
What the trip includes:
- 2 travel days (April 3 & 10)
- 6 guided days
- Lodging in private cabin with shared double rooms, breakfast buffet, self packed lunches, after ski waffles, all tea/coffee/juice, 2 course dinner buffet, access to sauna and hot tub, drying room, ski rental shop, and more
- Meals: breakfast buffet, self packed lunches, after ski waffles, dinner, tea, coffee, juice
- Transportation in Norway
What’s NOT included:
- Gear rental (if required)
- Boat hire: weather and condition dependent, there might be the option of ski touring from a boat. The boat ride is not included
- Alcoholic drinks
- Possibility to do yoga and get a massage from The Shala Lofoten
- Rental Gear: The lodge has a full run of rental equipment. For the 2020, they have the following rental packages: Ski Package – Includes Volkl VTA 98 touring skis with Marker Kingpin or Tour bindings, skins, and adjustable ski poles. Price is 300 Nok per day. Safety Package – Includes BCA Tracker transceiver, shovel, and probe. Price is 200 Nok per day. Full Rental Package – Includes both the Ski and Safety Package. Price is 500 Nok per day. Any individual item can be rented at the price of 100 Nok per day. We do not rent Ski Touring Boots so please bring your own boots. We recommend testing and getting your boots fit by a professional boot fitter if poss
Flight option to Svolvaer or to Evenes, which adds a 2.5/3 hour drive upon arrival. It is important we all arrive in Evenes at the same time!