Hiking is the most classic way to travel through and explore the mountains. And there are many ways to discover the hidden gems in the mountains, from hiking to a hut, doing a day hike to a mountain lake, hiking a summit, doing a glacier walk, accomplishing a technical hike or immersing yourself in the mountains for multiple days in a row doing a traverse or circumnavigating a mountain range, or even traveling to more remote destinations like Norway or Iceland to see the never setting sun and enjoy the magical landscape. Question is: what dream hike do you have on your bucket list? We will organise it for you!
Here is a list of hiking trips that could get you dreaming!
- Tour du Mont Blanc: this worldclass multi-way hike circumnavigates Mont Blanc, the highest summit in Europe. This hikes will take you up to passes from Chamonix, France to Courmayeur, Italy, to Champex in Switzerland and back to Chamonix. People generally take a minimum of 8 days for this hike but it can be lengthened or shortened, depending on how much of the hike you would like to do. We typically stay in nice accommodation down valley each day and have someone shuttle your luggage to the next accommodation for more enjoyment and comfort. Contact us for more details!
- Hardergrat: this is a long ridge that covers the skyline from Interlaken to Brienz. The ridge covers 27km and 3100m elevation gain if you start from Interlaken. But you can cut it a bit short to make it a long day hike all the way to the Brienzer Rothorn before reaching Brienz with the Brienzer Rothorn steam train and riding the steam boat back to Interlaken. This is one of the most beautiful ridge hikes in the world with stunning vistas on the Turquoise Brienzersee below. Other multi day traverses: tour des Combin, tour du Mont Rose, tour des Dents du Midi, tour des Muverans, etc. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kE-2LJOpeE&t=52s
- Vallee Blanche traverse: this is the most stunning glacier hike in the Alps. We ride the cable car to the Aiguille du Midi from Chamonix (3800m). From there, we hike down the impressive Aiguile du Midi ridge. This is the crux of the day and is best done with previous experience using crampons. From the bottom of the ridge, we traverse to the col du Midi eyeing the majestic surrounding granite peaks that have made the reputation of Chamonix granite climbing. We navigate through maze of crevasses and then start climbing up to the Italian border. After a tasty cappuccino and panini, we get on the panoramic lift back to the Aiguille du Mid to return to Chamonix. This hike will keep you breathless – sometime literally! – for a long time to come! Other glacier hikes: Breithorn in Zermatt, traverse from Arolla to Zermatt, traverse from Champex to Chamonix, Grand Paradiso, etc.
- Lofoten: the hiking in the Lofoten peninsula is spectacular. What I love about Lofoten is that the higher you go, the more definition you will have over how landscape is shaped out of the sea. We will move around to the best day hikes on Lofoten! This is the trip of a lifetime! Other hiking trips: Iceland, Dolomites, Grisons, etc.
- Louvie: this hike can be done as a day hike or over two days, hiking to the Louvie hut from Fionnay. There we can enjoy a nice lunch before climbing up and traversing over to La Chaux and to Ruinettes to catch the last lift back down to Verbier. In the summer time, we can take a cold dip in Lake Louvie with magical views over the Combin Range in the distance.
Contact us to talk about your dream trip!